Followers

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Pool Of Death

The Pool of death ,,,,this video was shot a couple of miles upstream from my place on the Blackwater last may,, a diverse place for wild life and in the middle of summer where i have nailed a few schoolie Bass off the top and seen Mullet to double figures caught on the float, This estuary as all others really get me going mabey its the crossover from fresh to salt its just very interesting with the fresh to sea thing and i know its difficult and boy its a devil to work out expecially where the Bass are concerened ,,but with my experience in the world of fishing and expertise in exploring esturine enviroments i am going to try to work it out using my blog as a media ,,, just take a look at the pool of death video and you will then get that feeling of what the Hell,,,
So did yo like that ,,great there were carp and other of not only fresh but sea water species as well swimming side by side in the brine of the estuary,, all the best and tight lines till next time Gee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi gee
great video ive not seen carp in an estuary before .
do you think all this rain we have been having has, washed them further down.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Fascinating place. We used to cycle there when I lived in Chelmsford to fish for eels in the 80s. Always a resident shoal of mullet at low tide. I've heard of decent bass and seatrout too.

Guy M

Geoff said...

Hi Graham,
I know the place too. I once saw a lad catch a huge bream downstream, where there is some white water. Strange that the bream wanted turbulent water, but it would be less saline there (better not say any more). My guess is that all coarse fish have been washed over the sill-type weir at some point during floods. I've tried for the mullet at high tide and the just bask, move a little and bask again. Plenty of kingfishers flying from one side to the other. Yes, a real gem..

MAD DOG 100f 16g super lure

Made in China well in my eyes they have sorted out a few bad press problems with this beatiful lure a well crafted lure that sits really nic...