Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dragon the Re Build

Bit of a sad time for me well my Tenru Red Dragon has gone to Richard cake at Dorset Rods this talented young man has given my Red Dragon the face lift it deserves after giving me a very enjoyable couple of years bass plugging,,i picked up my rod only last week after a long cold winter ,,he had sent me a few pictures that looked as though he had done a good job,,but nothing prepared me for the shock i got when Richard gave me my rod back,,,,,,,,


Actually it did not feel like my old Dragon it felt lighter,slighter,thinner and much slicker ,,on a closer inspection there were many suttle diferences that i noticed

Braid Rings that are much slicker than the original fly eyes,a butt ballance,lighter fuji and Matagi fittings than the original,, and of course the Red paint had dissapeared all adding up to a 3 to 4oz saving in weight
http://www.dorsetfishingrods.co.uk/7.html so what have we got,, a rod blank that is the best in the world at the moment ,a talented rod builder building the rod correctly http://www.dorsetfishingrods.co.uk/7.html with the eyes and spine and to my specification for eyes and fittings
Fishing with my new build Dragon is a delight much more responsive and cannot wait for my first Bass of the season to test this corker out,,,,
Just look at the Butt of the Rod this guy is just off the scale with his detail with the re build of my Red Dragon well worth the wait and the price was very reasonable we all know the story now with the Red Rods They are great but a rebuild may be the way to go if you want to keep your Bass fishing going with this great Blank ,and this lighter slicker version that is produced by dorset rods is brilliant



My advice is give Richard a call get your flagging red rod a re built,,its cheaper than a new rod and you know it makes sense,
all i can say is the professionalism of dorset rods has produced the Ulimate plugging rod out of a legend of a rod by a simple re build with all the small factors going the same way and Richard has worked it out
Thanks Mate you are simply the best i am forever in your debt

http://www.dorsetfishingrods.co.uk/7.html

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally fantastic !!! I have had mine done, but nothing this good, I might just call the guy to get mine done! Looks amazing, I love my Tenryu Red Dragon,

Anonymous said...

But why oh why go with blue.....it comes from the land of the red rising sun

Anonymous said...

The old wading stick looks good.

Graham Hill said...

very poor build but a great blank whoever you are?????????? ,,stand and be counted thats my motto ,,,

Anonymous said...

Nice rebuild and beautiful finish. I am by no means an expert on rod building Gee but how does the rebuilt rod end up lighter than the original as the old fittings and coatings have been removed and replaced with new fittings and coating plus the balancing system on the butt.
I see the rings are lightweight,is that where the weight saving come from.

Graham Hill said...

mabey a little over the top what i should have said was it feels like a 4oz saving in weight due to the ballance of the built rod compared to the old,,there was rather a lot of red skimmed off and the reel fitting including the sponge is a lot smaller now than the previous rod,as you have stated the braid guides are lighter than the original and the matagi ballance is optional it can be totally removed,, i did not actually weigh the rods,but have compared it with a original dragon,,to add to the feel the red dragon as a mass produced Rod was eyed incorrectly,according to my builder (not on the spine of the rod) all adding to the rod been more responsive and very sharp

Esox fever said...

It is awsome what some people are able to do. very impressive work i have to say.

Bytheway, very nice blog, congratulations.

Graham Hill said...

Esox,,thanks for your kind comments at least you are real ,,and prepeared to share your site and a great site too you keep up the good work ,

gee

MAD DOG 100f 16g super lure

Made in China well in my eyes they have sorted out a few bad press problems with this beatiful lure a well crafted lure that sits really nic...